Thursday, August 27, 2009

materialistic

yesterday as i was giving the movers the rundown of all my crap, the head boss asked:
"is there anything really special to you that we need to take extra care with?"

i thought about this for a good minute before i replied.
"no, they are just things."

he walked away satisfied with my answer, but i walked away more than satisfied.
i was proud of me.
i tend to focus too much on my physical environment. i'm a visual person and i like beauty to be all around me. this reflects inward and affects my mood sometimes.
of course i will always want to make my home a beautiful place for my family,
but when it boils down to it, there was not one piece of furniture that i couldn't live without.
i couldn't, however, live without these two precious little souls:






2 comments:

Kelly said...

So precious Shay. I am filled with excitement at the thought of your arrival! You name the date and I am there girlfriend!

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

That is awesome Shay! I think it is really hard to live in our day and look past all the materialism and remember what is really important. I think for me, it is things that hold precious memories not value. Good luck with the move! I can't believe how big your baby has gotten! She is adorable!