Thursday, October 8, 2009

repurposed


feeling pretty thrifty lately...
paisley's crib is also used as a place to store CRAP underneath.
since i'm getting rid of our old crib bedding i thought i'd throw together a crib skirt to cover all my "storage."

to avoid spending money, i used an old ikea sheet, an old floral nightgown purchased at a thrift store a while ago, and some discounted lace i've had lying around. 
2 days and some ghetto sewing later...

very simple and nothing special, but it does the job!



with another thrift store purchase, 
i made this dress for paisley.
all it is is a vintage pillow case and a cheap 
old navy tank top sewn together.
well, i did add a sash with some yellow scarp fabric i had. 
pretty cute aye? easy peasy.






8 comments:

deeder6 said...

I am so very impressed!

Anne said...

super cute stuff, shay!

Heather said...

VERY cute pieces! and don't say that bedskirt is nothing special, because it looks dang special to me :)

p.s. miss paisley looks darling!

The Lingo Family said...

Super cute! I am loving the dress!!! I sure wish I could sew.

Molly Bea said...

Wait, lovin the boots too!

The Bradley's said...

I absolutely adore Paisley's dress!! Oh I love it! I am so impressed by your sewing ability. I unfortunately never learned.

Noel said...

Oh, Stop it..right now!

Brittny Pruett said...

That dress is adorable!!! Well done, Ms. Pruett, well done.