Monday, September 14, 2009

i'm alive. and the route.



our travels included:

14 fast food meals
1 puking baby girl
8+ diet cokes for nana
11 gas stations 
counting crows on pandora
&
driving 
1,933.5 miles through 6 states.

from missouri 
to

to
to
to
and finally to



this took us 6 days,
27+ hours of driving,
and we took our time. 

during these 6 long days, i couldn't help but think of my ancestors.
the pioneers who crossed this country on foot.
i figured out that my journey would have taken me
26 days and 4 hours on foot.
that's without stopping.

every night i unpacked my van while my mom watched the kids.
i complained about lugging heavy luggage & a portable crib,losing sleep at night in hotel rooms, entertaining my grumpy kids (with modern day technology might i add) and eating gross fast food for 6 days. and all this without a 
husband. i felt so sorry for myself.
i'm such a baby.

but we ARE here.
safe and sound.

and i am so grateful.















2 comments:

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Amen to that! The pioneers where AMAZING!

Noel said...

I love how you took pictures of every state welcome sign. How fun! Glad you are officially a "california girl" once again.